Maria José Cadarso Batalha
Scientific Area: Design
Category: Professor auxiliar (convidado)
Languages: Português e Espanhol - linguas-mãe; Inglês, Italiano e francês.
I am currently work has an Invited Assistant Professor at IADE - Faculty of Design, Technology and Communication, from European University, in Lisbon, and also, I am an Integrated Member of its Researcher Centre, UNIDCOM. With a degree in Communication Design, and a graduation in Management per le Aziende di Moda, at Art & Business Scholl, of Florence, my early years were in practice, ranging from advertising agencies to newspapers. In 2000, I founded my own communication design studio, Sustenta Design, where I specialized myself in environmental and sustainable projects. In October 2013 I defended my doctoral thesis on "Sustainable Communication Design: principles & practice", and since then been combine teaching, with a research based praxis. As a Professor I been supervising master students. I published a few papers, and been invited to be part of the scientific committees of many Design Conferences. I have lecture, in countries such as Denmark, Slovenia and Israel. I’ve also been involved in academic research based projects lead between the university and the community, either in social, entrepreneurial and innovative business. Up until now I have been a member in the following Cost Actions: IS1007 and FP1405.
Cadarso, M., Gonçalves, J., Ferreira, K., & Santana, L. (2017). Visions for an Azores Brand and Identity that engages both community and visitors! In Culture, Sustainability, and Place: Innovative Approaches for Tourism Development. Ponta Delgada, São Miguel Island, Azores, Portugal.
Cadarso, M. (2017, April). Idea Laboratory Regional do Centro. CREATOUR: Creative Tourism Destination Development in Small Cities and Rural Area. Condeixa, Portugal.
Cadarso, M. (2017, May). Idea Laboratory Regional do Norte. REATOUR: Creative Tourism Destination Development in Small Cities and Rural Area. Braga, Portugal.
Cadarso, M. (2017, April). Idea Laboratory Regional do Algarve. CREATOUR: Creative Tourism Destination Development in Small Cities and Rural Area. Faro, Portugal.
Cadarso, M. (2017, May). Idea Laboratory Regional do Alentejo. CREATOUR: Creative Tourism Destination Development in Small Cities and Rural Area. Évora, Portugal.
Cadarso, M. (2015). Sustainable Communication Design Principles - 2 . 0 Version. In 6th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics (AHFE(Vol. 3, pp. 5993–6000). Elsevier B.V. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.promfg.2015.07.700
Cadarso, M. (2015). The Sustainable Indicators in Communication Design. In E. Duarte, C. Duarte, & F. C. Rodrigues (Eds.), Proceedings of the 8th International Conference Senses & Sensibility: Design as a Trade(Vol. 97–104). Lisbon, Portuagl: UNIDCOM/IADE.
- Catarina de Almeida Queiroz Menezes, “Fundamentos do Design Gráfico aplicados às plataformas digitais”, 27 Julho 2017, Mestrado em Design e Cultura Visual
- Jurgita Steponaityte, “Ethics In Beauty Advertisings”, 6 November 2017, Mestrado em Design e Cultura Visual
- Arielle Winchester, “Green Grain Waste-free Made Easy — A System Designed to Reduce Food Packaging Waste”, Mestrado em Design e Cultura Visual
- João Couto Gonçalves, “ Dynamic Identity for the Archipelago of the Azores”, Mestrado em Design e Cultura Visual
- Madalena Oom de Almeida Torres, “A influência de uma boa comunicação para uma maior Notoriedade das IPSS em Portugal: o caso banco do bebé”, Mestrado em Design & Publicidade
- Márcia Sofia da Silva Batista, “A relação comercial a longo prazo entre marcas e influenciadores digitais”, estrado em Design & Publicidade
- Mariana Isabel Pacheco Carreiro, “Estratégia nas Redes Sociais, um Estudo de Caso da Marca Garnier, na Agência Digitas” Mestrado em Design & Publicidade
- Picciochi Goes Ferreira, “A Magazine as a platform to convey new artists”, Mestrado em Design e Cultura Visual