Farley Milano de Mendonça Fernandes
Category: Docente Assistente convidado
Languages: Portuguese, English
Research Interests: Metodologias de Design; User Experience; Design Thinking; Game Design; Gestão de produtos digitais; Gestão do Design; Gestão de projetos; Agile
Farley has been developing digital products for 12 years. He loves being focused on the triad of: creating engaging products, unleashing creative capacity of his peers and coping with day-to-day business results. His overall experience spans from big corporations (e.g. CESAR and Ogilvy) to startups environments (Comment Lab and Joy Street) in Brazilian largest technology cluster – Porto Digital –, during which he was awarded with international prizes like Cannes, Games for Change and European Seal of e-Excellence. Lately, Farley is also a consultant for digital product creation and management, being mostly focused on defining development processes and product management.
Since 2015 he is also a professor and researcher associated to Game Development and Multimedia Design masters and Web Informatics bachelor degree at Universidade da Beira Interior. In this period, he has already co-supervised two student within game development masters and one PhD student from UFPE (Brazil). Recently, he has obtained his Design PhD with the focus within design methodology automation. During the development of his thesis Farley has published 3 papers which helped to validate his scientific contribution.
Fernandes, F., Mateus, A., Leonor, S., Sequeira, M., & Gaio, R. (2017). Gamethinking: a roadmap to a Design Thinking-based model for Game Development education. In Proceedings from the Video Games 2017 – Science, Art and Videogames conference. Lisbon, Portugal.
Fernandes, F. (2017). Gamified learning processes: science, perspective and why we need them more than ever in a creative economy. Session Presented at the Meeting of the Enter Session. Presov, Slovakia.
Fernandes, F. (2017). Design Thinking Canvas Autonomus: addressing Little Design Up-Front through conceptual design automation. Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil.
Fernandes, F., & Neves, A. (2015). A theoretical framework for addressing Little Design Up-Front in Agile projects settings. In E. Duarte, C. Duarte, & F. C. Rodrigues (Eds.), Proceedings of the 8th International Conference Senses & Sensibility: Design as a Trade(pp. 34–41). Lisbon, Portugal: UNIDCOM/IADE.
- Ivan Paz; Framework para design co-criativo para jogos educacionais; 2018; Videojogos
- Margarida Afonso; Segredo Transmontano - Gamificação de Ambientes Reais; 2018; Videojogos
- Ricardo Sousa; The Explorer and the Amulet of Anubis; 2018; Videojogos
- Bruno Lima; Análise de wayfinding em level design; 2018; Videojogos
- Marisardo Filho; ARM Heuristics for F2P mobile games; 2018; Doutoramento em Design
- Lucas Paulon; Why do I lose time playing? Game features reported by players as being the most satisfying; 2018; Mestrado em Videojogos
- Vitor Rolo; Produto mínimo viável para jogos digitais; Mestrado em Videojogos