Luisa Margarida Guerra Marques Martinez
Scientific Area: Gestão
Affiliation: Universidade Europeia
Category: investigador de instituição de ensino superior
Languages: Português e Inglês
PhD in Management from Universidade Europeia (2019) with a doctoral thesis entitled «The influence of color in work and trade settings: Complementary colors, mood states and retail environment» (approved with distinction). Post-graduation in Management (Curso Geral de Gestão) from Nova School of Business and Economics – Universidade Nova de Lisboa. Master in Color in Architecture from Faculdade de Arquitetura – Universidade de Lisboa. Degree in Architecture from Universidade Lusíada de Lisboa.
She is currently an Assistant Professor at IPAM and Universidade Europeia and she lectured at IADE. She has been teaching the following courses, included in the Marketing and Management Bachelors: Operational Marketing, Brand Management, Buying and Selling Behavior, Consumer Behavior, and Introduction to Marketing.
Her research interests include the influence of color on organizational and consumer behavior. Topics such as retail, packaging, children marketing, and digital marketing, are considered. Her approach to research is interdisciplinary, as it incorporates diverse knowledge fields, such as management, marketing, psychology, and design.
She is an associate (founding) member of the Portuguese Color Association (APCor) since 2004, and she held positions at the board level. After working as an architect for more than 10 years, she moved towards the Management field. She created a furniture brand for children and she has also been involved in several consultancy projects on color and consumption, both as a freelancer and also in Marketing and Communication agencies. She is currently developing a social entrepreneurship project.
Bento, M.G., Martinez, L.M., & Martinez, L.F. (2018). Brand engagement and search for brands on social media: Comparing Generations X and Y in Portugal. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 43, 234–241.
Martinez, L. M. (2017). O espaço de trabalho e o comportamento organizacional. Que espaço somos nós? Psychology Now – Revista Psicologia Na Atualidade, 35(março-abril), 91–100.
Martinez, L. M., Gameiro, D., Martinez, L. F., & Abreu, A. . (2017). The influence of color in anthropomorphic food packaging: Purchase intention and product attractiveness. In 1st International Youth Marketing and Media Forum, IPAM, Universidade Europeia. Lisbon, Portugal.
Bento, M. G., Martinez, L. M., & Martinez, L. . (2017). Brand engagement and search for brands on social media: Comparing Generations X and Y (Poster). In 18th EAWOP Congress (European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology). Dublin, Ireland.
- Isabel Cruz. “Brand engagement: A relevância do design emocional e da cor”. 2017/19. Mestrado em Design, IADE – Universidade Europeia. [Co-orientação com Carlos A. Rosa – IADE].
- Zuzanna Witkowska. “The influence of color contrast in packaging on consumer behavior”. Mestrado em Gestão, Nova School of Business and Economics. Defesa a 24/09/2018. [Co-orientação com Luis F. Martinez – Nova SBE].
- Allison White. “Complementary colors and consumer behavior: Emotional affect, attitude, and purchase intention in the context of web banner advertisements”. Mestrado em Gestão, Nova School of Business and Economics. 05/06/2018. [Co-orientação com Luis F. Martinez – Nova SBE].
- Diana Isabel da Silva Paquim Gameiro. “The influence of color on anthropomorphic food packaging: Parents’ purchase intention, the attractiveness of a product and children’s gender”. Mestrado em Gestão, Nova School of Business and Economics. 24/01/2017. [Co-orientação com Luis F. Martinez – Nova SBE].
- Maria Margarida Bartolomeu Silva. “Color as a visual cue: How does package color affect consumers’ perceptions?”. Mestrado em Gestão, Nova School of Business and Economics. 24/01/2017. [Co-orientação com Luis F. Martinez – Nova SBE].
- Marisa Isabel dos Santos Garcia Bento. “How different generations contact and search for brands on Social Media? Comparing Gen X and Y”. Mestrado em Gestão, Nova School of Business and Economics. 18/01/2016. [Co-orientação com Luis F. Martinez – Nova SBE].